Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 25

Day 25 - Transformed by Trouble HARD HARD HARD to do

In fact, he depends more on circumstances to make us like Jesus than he depends on our reading tbe Bible - pretty smart God. 

It is during suffering that we learn to pray our most authentic, heartfelt, honest to God prayers.

You'll never know that God is all you need until God is all you've got. 

Romans 8:28-29 says "We know that God causes EVERYTHING to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his piurpose for them.  For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son."

All things work for bad for those living in opposition to God and insist on having their own way. 

*****Whenver we try to avoid or escape the difficulties in life, we short circuit the process, delay our growth, and actually end up with a worse kind of pain - the worthless type that accompanies denial and avoidance. 

UGH I really don't like that last sentence because that is EXACTLY what I do. I try to cover up my feeling, my hurt, my avoidance... I try to escape what I know is going on and act like God will forget about it too.  I try to short circit the process and then I DON'T GROW!  I do end up with the kind of pain.  I hate that denial.  It's so hard to face change and growth straight in the face.  UGH

No comments:

Post a Comment